About the Episode
• What is it like to live a day in the life of someone who has an autoimmune disorder? What sorts of challenges are a unique part of their lived experience?
• In what ways is living with a autoimmune disorder a prolonged journey through grief?
• Is it unfaithful for someone to feel disappointed and discouraged as they suffer from an autoimmune disorder?
• How does the gospel of Jesus Christ offer comfort and counsel to sufferers of autoimmune disorders?
• What are some practical ways the local church support and care for those who are living with an autoimmune disorder?
About the Guest
Dr. Venessa Ellen is the President of Real Life Women’s Ministry, LLC., Vice President of Expository Counseling Training Center and Director of Women’s Ministry at Community of Faith Bible Church. Additionally, she has been internationally recognized as a speaker, lecturer and trainer in Church Administration / Organization for over 25 years. Dr. Ellen has spoken globally and is valued for her compassion, understanding and biblical insight. Her messages are grounded in her faith in Jesus Christ. She has developed various Women’s Ministry programs while leading Women’s ministries and provided training in biblical counseling for women. Dr. Ellen previously served as Chair and Professor of the Women’s Ministry Department at a well-known Bible College in Houston, Texas. Additionally, she has served as a blogger for many different Christian organizations. Connect with Dr. Ellen and her ministry at drvenessellen.com.