About the Episode
• What is a biblical understanding of loneliness?
• Why does loneliness seem to be such a prevalent experience for people today?
• What are some reasons why we might feel disconnected from others? From God?
• What are some harmful ways we might be tempted to cope with our feelings of loneliness?
• How does the gospel of Jesus Christ apply to our experiences of loneliness?
• What are some helpful steps someone take when they feel lonely?
• Is loneliness something we can completely eradicate from our lives this side of Heaven?
• How might the local church be proactive in its approach to addressing loneliness in their congregation?
About the Guest
Shannon McCoy is the Director of Biblical Counseling at her church in California. She’s certified by the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and has a Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling from The Master’s University. Shannon is the author of Help! I’m A Slave to Food and contributing author to Women Counseling Women. She is also a retreat and conference speaker and serves as a council member, blogger, and book reviewer for the Biblical Counseling Coalition. Connect with Shannon at shannonkaymccoy.com.